The global phytosterols market size is expected to witness robust growth in the upcoming years since the demand for organic products is increasing. Fortune Business Insights™ shares this information in its latest report titled “Phytosterols Market 2021-2028.”
The consumer demand for phytosterol-based products is booming since phytosterols are fat tissues of plants with minimal uptake in the body compared to cholesterol. They prevent the absorption of cholesterol in the human body. Medicines containing these fatty tissues eliminate cardiovascular diseases and cancers. Owing to these health benefits, there is an increase in demand for plant-based herbal products.
These natural products are considered to be healthy. This is expected to contribute to the growth of the market. There are some government organizations that recommended the usage of phytosterols and some don’t. For instance: The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends using phytosterols to maintain heart health, whilst other associations such as the “France’s Food Standard Agency (ANES), Germany’s Drug Commission, and others dismiss this theory.
The phytosterols market is bifurcated into several segments:
Based on the types, the market is divided into bi-sitosterol, campesterol, and stigmasterol. By applications, the market is segmented into fortified foods composed of margarine, sauces, and dairy products such as flavored yogurts, ice-creams, and others. It is used in cosmetics and personal care products such as anti-aging creams and herbal face-washes. It is utilized to prepare medicines with the ability to cure cardiovascular diseases and cancers. The Food Administration of the United States designates these products as generally recognized as safe (GRAS).
COVID-19 has disrupted the market by affecting production activities and demand for the product. In tandem, it has also negatively affected the supply chain. Despite some negative impacts, consumers have driven massive demand for plant-based products to consume healthy foods. Various health supplements and medicines containing have soared in sales on account of massive consumer demand for phytosterol-based products directing market growth despite the pandemic.
Key Market Drivers and Restraints
Increased Adoption of Veganism to Boost the Market Growth
The integration of minerals, vitamins, and herbal extracts in fortified foods is responsible for the demand for phytosterols as a food additive. The compatibility of such tissues with other food additives such as tocopherols has led to their use in bakery products. In addition, changing consumer opinions regarding the usage of plant-based anti-aging creams is fueling the phytosterols market growth.
The most considerable restraint for this market is the availability of similar products from competitors for curbing cholesterol and curing heart problems, such as the plant-fiber psyllium, an affordable alternative that keeps cholesterol levels under check. Additionally, using alternative options such as plant-based antioxidants and anti-aging chemicals such as lycopene and tocopherols acts as a significant restraint to the market.
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
What does this report offer?
- An insight into the consumer demand fueling the steady expansion of the market.
- A qualitative and quantitative analysis of the expanding market regarding the use of these fatty tissues in various industries.
- Explains strategies implemented by manufacturers to overcome challenges in the highly competitive market.
- Discusses observations made based upon the primary analysis of the market.
Europe to Lead Market Owing to the Rising Consumption of Plant-derived Food Products
The market in Europe is expected to lead owing to the growing consumption of fortified foods in the region. This is attributable to the rising consumer inclination towards natural products. For instance, the European Commission approves industrial development of natural products and their integration with science and tech. This, in turn, is opening up new avenues which are expected to boost the market in the region.
Asia Pacific is expected to register a significant phytosterols market share during the forecast period. The region showcased an increased awareness of natural products in the countries it encompasses. Market penetration is expected to proliferate owing to increasing disposable income in the region. In addition to this, increasing awareness about plant-based products in India, China, and Japan is responsible for uplifting this market in the region. Alongside, the market in North America is spiraling since a considerable population is suffering from obesity and cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, the population is adopting low-calorie food additives and supplements in their diet. The younger people in the region are greatly benefiting from the inculcation of phytosterols.
Key Players Utilize Several Strategies Capturing Attention of the New Generation
- Targeting the younger generation- The trends of adopting a healthy lifestyle have been prevalent among the younger generation. Hence the manufacturers are targeting the younger generation by delivering products blending phytosterols. For example, North America manufacturers produce natural food supplements and additives containing such fatty tissues according to the younger generation’s monotonous lifestyle. The younger generation has become vulnerable to obesity and cardiovascular diseases. These products boost immunity making them less likely to get affected by these diseases, thereby impacting the market positively.
- Low priced products– Natural products such as the ones based upon phytosterol are expensive. As a result, manufacturers have priced their products at competitive prices, eradicating the issue of these products being costlier compared to the similar product offered by the competitors, enabling growth for the market.
- Product launch- Key players are launching products targeted towards athletes and other consumers who are health-conscious. For example, Lipofoods SLU a key player in the global market launched a new product named NEWCAFF which is a microcapsule responsible for naturally and slowly releasing caffeine in the body. These microcapsules are made from palm-free, water-soluble phytosterols which are targeted towards athletes and consumers living an active lifestyle. The microcapsule is distributed by a company named Stauber throughout the U.S. and Canada.
List of Key Players listed in the report
- Archer Daniel Midlands
- Cargill Incorporated
- Merck Group
- Ashland Inc.
- Patel Phyto Extractions Pvt Ltd.
- BASF SE.
- Arboris LLC.
- Hyphyto Inc.
- PrimaPharm B.V.
- Lipofoods SLU
- Dérivés Résiniques et Terpéniques
Speak To Analyst:
Have a Related News: